Author John Maxwell’s new book is entitled, The Difference Maker. The sub-title of the book is Making Your Attitude Your Greatest Asset. If you’ve enjoyed John Maxwell’s books in the past, you’ll find this new book to be in the same voice. John is the master of making points. If you like an outline style, with multiple points one after the other, you’ll like this book.
The book contains 10 chapters, with the first four about attitude. Chapters 5 through nine contain the big five attitude obstacles. These include discouragement, change, problems, fear, and failure. Chapter 10 is about how this book can help you make a difference in the lives of others.
What I like about this book is its small size. It is easy to take with you in the car or on a plane. The wisdom contained in this book is easy to follow with stories and examples along the way. Since the book is small, It’s easy to make notes of the points in this book using a pocket highlighter. The book will teach you to…
1. Win over discouragement by getting the right perspective
2. Embrace change by determining that without change improvement won’t come
3. Overcome problems by defining, anticipating, evaluating, and embracing the problem as a potential opportunity
4. Defeat fear by admitting to fear; realizing fears limiting power; and converting fear into desire.
5. Move beyond failure by holding on to your sense of humor.
You can use this book as your personal coach. Its small size lets you keep it in your desk drawer or in your car for quick reference. Overall I enjoyed this book and recommend it highly.